January 12, 2009

Adventures in home improvement

For some reason, because I apparently don't believe we already have our hands full enough at the moment, we've decided to do some remodeling to the house. It started out with a simple "you know, it would be nice if we had a room for people to stay in (with a door) when they came to visit" which led to "and we're going to need a room for when we have another kid" (Grant wasn't as fond of this one) Suddenly what seemed our ideal three bedroom, two bath house house is now seeming a little small. So we're re-arranging :-)

The two bedrooms in the back of the house are currently Noah's and then the office. So we're going to move the office to the front room (which is kind of empty now anyway) and make the other bedroom in the back a guest room (and eventually a second nursery. Shhh, don't tell my husband ;-) ) Tonight we headed off to Home Depot for paint swatches as well as the things Grant will need to create a cable jack in the front room.

I have to admit I'm a little nervous about this "project" Or at least Grant ripping into the wall, and putting in a new jack. The rest of it I'm thrilled about! It will be nice to have a guest room. Plus the front room will now be an office/sitting room. We're going to get book shelves and better organize the crafting supplies, it'll be wonderful!

Alright, well, I'm off for the night. Enjoy the pictures :-)

Playing

Look at me, Mama!

Noah's first adventure with Cheerios

A smile mid-snack

Juice and Cheerios!

With Daddy at Home Depot

Look Grandma, I'm wearing my outfit!

1 comment:

Chris Dunkel said...

Hey, at least if you have problems with the wall you have a whole team of engineers to call on ;).