January 15, 2009

What comes around...

Today I started work on cleaning out the office (uggghhh) It is my fault that it's the disaster area it is, I know. That doesn't make me want to clean it out any more :-p

So in the midst of my cleaning I stumbled across a folder with my name on it full of some of the things that my mom had been holding onto for me. It had a copy of the church bulletin from when I was baptized with a note that the flowers were from Aunt Gladys and Uncle John, a copy of the program from New Faces at Bradley (my first show there) and a copy of the bulletin from St. Joe's before Grant and I got married when they were running the bands. Another thing I stumbled across was a copy of the results from the PLAN test I took as a sophomore.

I'm not sure if they still give this test. It was a practice for the SAT or ACT or some such thing, I think. Anyway, the results also gave career information based on your skill set from the test. So I was looking into what the test suggested I go into. Oddly enough it said that I should work with people, in a communicative position. (Not that I like to run my mouth or anything) Further in, it gives specific suggestions. And guess what, that silly test, 11 years ago suggested that I become a legal assistant! Who'd of thunk it?

I also have to share my moronic moment of the day. (Yes, I have them frequently enough that it is a daily occurrence at least) Anyway, I uploaded some pictures to Wal-Mart, so I could finally get pictures to all those people I bought frames at Christmas for, including Arthur who we're going to go see later tonight. I was all proud of myself for getting on top of thing and getting it done. So I upload the pictures, send them off, got a confirmation email from Wal-Mart and headed out the door. I headed off to the library, thinking this would kill a little time, I could do some quick shopping and pick up my pictures just before I checked out. So I go to the photo shop, waited and waited, only for them to tell me they didn't have my prints or any record of them. I was a little steamed, but said OK, I'd send my husband to pick them up on his way home.

So Grant (my knight in shining armor) stopped on his way home from work. I was starting to get worried when it was after 6:30 and he still wasn't home. He walked in a bit later with:

Grant: Well, I have good news and bad news
Me: Yes?
Grant: The bad news is that I still don't have your pictures
Me: OK
Grant: The good news is that I know where they are
Me: Huh?
Grant: They're in Fremont
Me: Why did stupid Wal-Mart send them to Fremont? I live in Florida!
(Dead silence for a minute as I stop and think about it) Oh crap, I forgot to change the pick-up location! (I'm now purple)
Grant: They were really nice about it...

Thank goodness for Grant! A couple of weeks ago I had some pictures printed in Fremont while we were there and apparently I forgot to change the location back to Palm Bay. Ooops! Technology is plotting against me!

Alright, I'm off for the night. We're going to give Noah Joe his bath and then we're going to head over to the Kunkle's to watch Grey's Anatomy and eat some cookies. (Okay, it all reality Kristina and I are going to watch Grey's and the boys are going to put up with 'cause they love us) Hope that everyone is as anxious for the end of this week as I am! Enjoy the pictures!

Noah the pirate (Arggg)

But Mama, I don't want to be a pirate!

Bella likes Noah the pirate

He's trying to go from sitting to crawling position!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would you like me to go out in our chilly weather and pick up your pictures?