January 28, 2009

Busy?

Today was just another one of those days. Four plus hours of work, three loads of laundry, a dishwasher and sink full of dishes, a trip to the store, a walk with the dog, changing the bedding, three meals for the kid, picking up countless toys countless times, and making sure dinner was on the table by 6pm and I'm wondering where it's all gone...

Busy, yes. But nothing exciting. Maybe I'm getting boring. Nope, boring is the wrong word; routine is better. In an email earlier Dad was telling me how he's in his 'winter routine' and I was thinking that like it or not, I've gotten myself into quite a routine as well. In November and December we were so busy, there was something different going on constantly. Now, we're back to the ho-hum of every day. Part of me is really bummed out about this (The part that has this ridiculous need for drama) but the smart half of me is grateful that things seem to be well under control.

Granted, nothing can ever be too routine when you have a Noah, but you know what I mean. And yes, the crawling little monkey got himself into trouble yet again today when he discovered the dog's water bowl... Right now I'm sitting in my desk chair typing away and he is literally trying to crawl up the side and into my lap. See what I mean about no routine?

Alright, I better head out before things get out of hand. Grant had to run to Target to get the bookshelf (yay!) so it's still just me, the kiddo and the doggy. I'll be back tomorrow - it's part of the routine ;-) Enjoy the pictures!

Morning play time

My little cheeseball

Noah's new tunnel

I love toys that change with him!

Oooh, Mom this is cool!

Happy Noah

Noah not so happy our walk was over

Look mom, I found the linoleum!

Hiding under his high chair

No comments: