January 22, 2009

What am I, chopped liver?

Today Noah and I had to run to the store because we were extremely low on the Noah essentials (diapers, Noah food and wipes). Awhile back I came to the realization that however long it used to take me to shop, it now takes me double. Not because Noah is a handful, 'cause he loves going to the store and riding in the cart. No, because we will be stopped by at least a dozen people wanting to talk to Noah, get him to smile, tell me how cute he is, etc. The child is a people magnet. Today was no exception.

Usually, I'm more than happy to let people talk to him or me about him. It makes me happy when people tell me how well behaved he is, how cute he is, etc. Until today...

So I'm walking through the store, when this lady stops me to start talking about Noah. She's talking to him, getting him to smile at her. Here's the conversation:

Lady: How old is he?
Kristi: Eight months
Lady: Well he's just adorable
Kristi: Thank you
Lady: He must look just like his daddy, that's where he got his cute from, 'cause he looks nothing like you

Seriously! I know she was being nice, saying he was cute and all, but what the heck! Here's my self-esteem stranger making a fuss over my son, would you like to stomp on it a bit more?? I promise you he's mine! That was almost as bad as the nurse at the hospital telling me that at least he had my hair color. Too bad it wasn't my natural color...

I do see Grant in him every day, but there is a strong helping of Kosakowski in there as well. Any time random strangers want to stop reminding me that he's definitely his Daddy's kid, that'd be great ;-) Maybe the next one can look a little more like me...

It's still cold here (yes, I'm still whining about it) and they say it's going to freeze again tonight. Hopefully this will be the last time, though :) Pray for the citrus farmers because they are dangerously close to losing a good portion of their crops. An orange farmer on TV this morning was saying that some of his oranges were so frozen that he was unable to cut through them with a knife.

Alright, well I'm off for the evening. Grey's Anatomy is on tonight (woo hoo!) and I'm thinking that calls for popcorn and a glass of wine with the hubby. Enjoy the pictures!


The temp in the house this morning (I finally broke down and turned on the heat for about an hour)

Mom, it's cold in here!

"I think I can, I think I can"

This picture has Uncle Scott written all over it

Snack time!

Mmm, cheerios!

I wanted to catch him playing, but wouldn't you know it that the little cheeseball posed anyway

Playing with the truck

Standing/walking with the truck all by himself!

So proud of himself

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be a good thing if we actually heard what we said? But now I'm certain you understand why I was so put out by Mrs. Keebler insisting that you looked exactly like your father . . . In any event, isn't he just darling?