October 01, 2008

A Penny Saved...

Today Noah learned about financial responsibility. With the current state of the economy we figured we'd better start really early! But I've promised I'm not going to rant about that on here... Anyway, back to Noah's lesson of the day.

We went and opened Noah his very own savings account! The bankers laughed at me as I explained to Noah how important it was to save money while they opened the account. Yes, I'm aware he's 4 months old, but I usually babble to him all day about the other going-ons, why not "teach" him something while I'm at it. I just read yet another article about how the number of words heard in the first year of life has a lasting effect on a child's intelligence. So while I probably don't hit the recommended 30,000 words a day at least I know he's hearing plenty. I know that the day to day events aren't extremely exciting, but how else is he going to learn?

Anyway, we opened an account for him. I told him it was for his college fund and that he should go to Michigan University ;-) Go Blue! But we'll be thrilled no matter where he goes, so no pressure, kiddo.

Other than that it just seemed like one of those days when I'm not sure I'm doing anything right. I 'broke' the computers at work - thank goodness it was an easy fix. I think my mind is in a different place lately and I'm not 100% anywhere. I kind of feel like I'm walking through a really thick fog, just hoping not to bump into anything before I reach my destination. I know I'll get out of it/over it soon, here's to hoping at least :-)

Enjoy the pictures from today. I'm also posting another Cookie Monster clip, because Grant and I both think it's really cute!

There's a froggy on the window on the window....

The start of some of the pages for Noah's ABC Book

Getting dressed after bath time! (Noah's "discovered" his feet)


No comments: