May 20, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

It is very early here in Florida, but apparently my insomnia has set in full-swing. That or I might be just a tad bit excited about getting on a plane here in a few hours to go to Ohio! Whatever the case, it's just before 3:30am here, and I've given up any attempt to sleep so I decided to post.

Happy 3 year anniversary, Grant David! Can you believe it's been three years already? I wouldn't have wanted to spend it with anyone else. Apparently we're making a tradition of spending our anniversary in very weird places. Last year, we ate TGIFriday's take out in my hospital room just 48 hours after Noah was born. This year we're going to be on a plane or in an airport for the majority of the day with a one year old. (Can you read the joy in that?) Regardless, at least we're together and I wouldn't trade even 24 hours of the past 3 years.

In other exciting news, Grant was promoted to Software Level 2 engineer yesterday. I am so proud of him! I know he's been putting in a lot of long hours and hard work, and this is as good of a reward as any. I am thrilled for him as I know this has been a long time coming for him. Yeah Grant!

Alright, sorry there's no pictures (my camera is already packed somewhere) but it's early and I don't feel like digging it out right now. I will try to post from Ohio, but I'm not taking my computer, so no promises. Maybe Shell will be nice enough to let me use her laptop since it's the same model as mine and I can stick my camera card into it easily. We'll see. I will try to post if I get the chance. Until then, pray for a safe trip for us!

2 comments:

Caren "Kay" said...

Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, HAAAAPY Aniversary!! & let's not forget the unforgetable 1st anniversary Above & Beyond in the mountains. Congratulations many times over: for your 3 years, for the promotion, for Noah, for Gatchel 2.0. We love you both.

Beth Hals said...

Well, I almost got it all right when I called you this morning...I just hadn't processed what day it was to wish you a happy anniversary too! :) A big week for the Gatchel's! Hope you guys have an awesome time in Ohio! Happy Anniversary to you both and Congratulations to Scott! :)