May 10, 2009

My first mother's day :)

I celebrated my first official mother's day today. Noah was born the Sunday after mother's day last year, so it wasn't really official in my book. But today I highly enjoyed spending my day with the kiddo and being incredibly thankful for him.

When I woke up this morning the house was dead quiet and empty. Even the dog was gone! They had gone out to get breakfast for us. What a great way to start the day :) And I got the coolest present ever; a grill pan. (Insert remark about how much of a geek I am because I think this is cool now) Anyway, I was excited, it was exactly what I had asked for.

Grant went and saw Star Trek with the guys and I stayed and hung out at the house while the kiddo took a nap. Then this evening we went out and had dinner with Giselle. I'm so excited for her that this time next year she'll have a kiddo to celebrate mother's day with as well.

Sorry I'm not that interesting this evening, but I'm not running on much steam. Need to get the kiddo off to bed and then maybe turn in early this evening myself. I've got yet another busy week planned, with it all coming to a head on Saturday with Noah's birthday party. Until tomorrow enjoy the pictures :)



No comments: