May 03, 2009

Walking, Clapping, a Date and time with my favorite girls...

Sorry there was no post Friday night or last night. Consider this making up for it and I'll post again tonight. And a warning in advance, lots for me to blabber about but not very many pictures.

First of all, it's only 8:30 am, but I am ridiculously excited and awake. I got up a bit ago to feed Noah, and was sitting at the table next to him checking my email, looking at facebook, etc. when I suddenly looked up and he was clapping his hands! I know this doesn't seem like such a big deal, but ever since his 9 month appointment when they asked if he clapped and I had to say no, I have had such a complex about it... I have worried to no end that something was "wrong" with him and that he was never going to figure it out. (The logical part of my brain which is stuck in there somewhere knew this was a load of hooey. But very rarely when it comes to my concerns about anything am I actually logical.) So YAY Noah :)

The other big Noah announcement of the past few days is that we are officially saying he's walking. The other night, he took 4 unassisted steps from one couch to the other in the living room. He's been doing a lot of standing on his own without holding on to anything, and cautious little feet movements here and there, so I think it's just a matter of time before he's really off. I'm excited for him and us for all the new things he's able to do, but also a bit sad that my baby really isn't such a baby anymore.

Friday I kidnapped my husband, left my kiddo with my wonderful friends (so thankful for them) and took my husband on a date. I am somewhat embarassed to say that we have only been out my ourselves one other time since Noah was born. So we were only gone for a few hours, but it was so enjoyable to be able to spend time with just each other without any other distractions. We went and had a drink at a place on the beach, did some shopping and then had an enjoyable dinner at TGIFridays. We remembered we really do like each other and that we did get married for a reason. (hehehe)

Yesterday all of the girls got together to have some pre-wedding time with Brie. Beth, Kristina and I took her shopping for the afternoon, and then all of us met up with Melissa and Miesje at Chili's to watch the Kentucky Derby (the horse that won literally came out of nowhere) and then headed over to a place in downtown called Island Pasta Company for dinner. I had Island glazed shrimp - fantastic. Dad, they kind of rivaled the shrimp we had here, I gotta say. It was so much fun to get out with the girls for awhile and just be ourselves. I learned that pretty much everyone's thighs rub together when they walk (who knew!) and that I'm not the only one with an image hang-up lately. And these are the girls that I always think "wow they look great" We had a few good laughs, that's for sure.

Alright, my walking, clapping, troublemaker of a son is pretty much demanding my attention, so I should get going. I will put up another post tonight (hopefully with more pictures) for anyone that's interested. Until then - enjoy the pictures :)

Noah playing on Friday

Cocoa Beach

Grant and I on date night

No comments: