May 06, 2009

I get by with a little help from my friends...

I've had a really rotten day. Not one of those "eh, it was kind of a bad day" It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. (And if you don't know what I'm referencing there, you need to go back to grade school :-p)

I'm not going to get into what made my day rotten (work, nasty emails, screaming child, 'nuff said) but instead try to focus on the things that at least shed small rays of hope on an otherwise awful day.

Coen and Miesje came over for lunch and some play time. They boys did play well together and I do really enjoy hanging out with them. As I've said before, Coen's a good influence on Noah and I like that they're so close in age and watching them interact. Mom conversation is always good, too :)

So this morning, when I was in the middle of my rotten day, I sent an email to the Florida Fam half venting about my day and asking if anyone wanted to get together for a rather impromtu dinner tonight. Thank goodness for my friends. Not only did some of them come but then they listened to me vent and actually made me laugh, too. Knowing that I have wonderful people in my life that are there to cheer me jup, now there's something to consider an enormous blessing.

I went to Michael's and got some more cake stuff. I can't wait to take pictures of the cake I am making for Noah's birthday party next weekend. No hints, you'll just have to wait until next Sunday when I post the pictures from Saturday.

I got to talk to my Mom. I have good friends and I have the bestest Mom in the whole world. Not only does she listen to me vent, but she always has the best advice on how to make things better. Thank goodness for my Mom.

The kid is in bed. Now that is definitely a good thing.

And I'm off to bed here myself, sooon. I haven't been feeling too hot the last few days (hence no blog last night) so I'm thinking turning in rather early, maybe cuddling up with a good book for awhile might be just the thing to make this bad day just a memory. Until tomorrow (which I have no doubt will be loads better than today) enjoy the pictures :)


Noah ready for swim yesterday

Coen and Noah playing

They both really like the car

Cheesy grin drinking his milk

Go away, Mom

Being bashful

Another cheeseball face

1 comment:

Mama said...

I think Alexander needs to sit down and watch "The Brave Little Toaster". And then Alexander needs to write his (or her) own version of "Fortunately. . . ." I think it would read fairly close to tonight's post! To anyone who doesn't get it, you would have to ask a Kosakowski child. These staples of childhood continue to reverberate. Love, hugs and multitudes of kisses to the Florida Gatchels, from far away Fremont, Ohio. And blessings upon everyone else who reads the blog, prays for this young family, and shares in their everyday happenings.