May 27, 2009

One Big Kid!

Noah had his one year check-up today. Apparently he is right as rain :) The kid weighed in at a whopping 21 pounds and is 30 1/2 inches long. That puts him in the 75th percentile for his height and 25th percentile for his weight. (Gee I wonder where he gets that from...)

Also good to note, his language skills are very impressive apparently and his "walking" counts as walking. The doctor doesn't think he's orange (ha ha lady at Wal-Mart!) and in fact says he's a very pretty color. Grant wants to know if he should pet him and call him pretty baby, then. Men, I tell ya... Oh, and he looks like his Daddy. Yes, I'm well aware. Maybe #2 will at least kind of look like me?

All that being said, it was exactly one year ago today that we brought Noah home from the hospital. Is that really possible? Just think of all the mistakes I have made in one year ;-) He's quite a good kid considering what he's got to work with :-p

Otherwise, it's been a normal day here in Florida. Apparently the rainy season has started and in the 5 days we were gone the lawn grew nearly a foot. I'm feeling OK, but am totally exhausted by the time 8pm rolls around. I am so thankful that Grant's project is mostly over and that I can count on him to come home and take over with the kiddo at night. Have I mentioned lately that this is not a one person job by any stretch of the imagination? I know my temper is ridiculously short and I probably don't tell him enough, but he is a good Daddy.

Alright, I'm off to get a few more things done before I collapse for the evening. More tomorrow. Until then, enjoy the pictures!

Giving his "cat" a kiss


Noah and Bella
(Oh, and Sarah, will you tell Scott that I'm annoyed with him... Noah has started taking his pants off in the middle of the night and during his naps again. He hadn't been doing it until Scott asked me about it the other day :p)

1 comment:

The Mississippi Majchszak's said...

I have be really behind on the blogging thing so I was catching up on your blogs tonight! Congrats on the new baby! That is so exciting! It's hard but you'll get through it! I'm sure of it! You seem to have a very good support system down there! Also I love your list you made! I agree with all of it! Good luck with everything and let me know if you need anything! Talk to you later!