May 14, 2009

The zoo and maybe Noah is a fish after all...

Well, I am posting at least a little earlier than last night :-p Yet again, I haven't gotten 2 minutes to sit down and update everyone until now. Progress, right?

We had another full day again today. I got tons done at work this morning (who knew I could be that productive?) and then Noah and I headed off to the zoo for some play time with Miesje and Coen. I love catching up with them. The boys play so well together, I enjoy my time with Miesje and it is always a mood lifter. I knew I had a lot going on today, and thought of bailing early this morning to see if I could get some other things done around here instead. I'm so glad I didn't. Not only did I need it but so did the kiddo.

We explored the indoor area, the petting zoo (Noah pet a baby deer and an alpaca!) and then hung out in the water area for quite some time. I wish I had my camera out at the pool area. Noah was literally swimming around! He was a little too short to crawl to a toy that he wanted, so he was pushing himself along the bottom with his hands, floating or sticking his head under the water to move forward. Apparently he really does enjoy the water. I am so glad that we've taken the time for swim lessons.

Speaking of swim lessons, swim is officially over as of today. Noah received a certificate of particpation. Not sure how I feel about this... I mean, I didn't expect him to be a gifted athlete given his parents ;-) In all fairness, everyone got a certificate of participation. But you know what I mean. I'm a mom, high expectations and all that...

Alright, I need to head out. They Grey's Anatomy finale starts in just over 30 minutes and you know I'm waiting for it with bated breath. Hope everyone else has had a great Thursday. Until tomorrow, enjoy the pictures!

Coen plays in the sand

Noah didn't enjoy the sand as much, he kept trying to climb out...

No comments: