May 03, 2009

Such a boy

Today I witnessed something I never really wanted to see... I had already been running all over the house trying to keep my son out of places he shouldn't be, only to find him in the bathroom, playing in the toilet! I thought we had sufficiently baby-proofed the house, but apparently not... It was bad enough that Bella was curious about it when she was little but now apparently Noah needs to be curious as well. Oy vey!

So after I got over my ridiculous excited state this morning, Grant and I decided to head down to Vero to do a bit of shopping at the outlets and then head over and pick up Noah's birthday present at Target. There's a Carter's baby outlet at the outlets, which was really the only place I wanted to check out. I have to say, I wish that I could buy 4 pairs of shorts, a pair of pants, a button up dress shirt, a polo and 2 casual shirts for myself for only $40. Then again, given the time that Noah will probably actually wear these clothes, I guess it's no comparison to the stuff that I have from high school that I still wear :-p Point being, it was worth the trip down there just for that.

Then we needed some lunch, so Olive Garden for soup and salad it was. I love lunch at Olive Garden. The atmosphere is great, the food is always fabulous and I always feel like it was well worth it. And this time, Noah got to get in on the action. You'll have to check out the pictures to see what I mean.

After lunch, we headed to Target to pick up Noah's birthday present. If I haven't mentioned it before, we decided to get Noah a pool for his birthday. After much debate, we actually got a fairly decent size one that we can use, too. We're going to bust it out for Noah's birthday party so Noah and Coen can enjoy it. Once we have it out, I'll make sure to take pictures.We also got his present from Grandpa Gary. You'll have to check out the pictures to see what it is :) We're going to put it away until after his birthday, but we wanted to put it together this afternoon when we had a few hours.

I made chicken ceasear pitas for dinner (yum!) and then we took a good walk to wear out the doggie and the kiddo. After chasing him around this afternoon (and trying to keep him out of the toilet) I think both Grant and I will be glad to get him in bed tonight.

Alright, I should head out. I've brought my laptop outside and am enjoying sitting on the patio, while the kid cruises around in his exer-saucer and eats some goldfish. Florida is good, some days :) Enjoy the pictures!

My favorite boys

Noah at Olive Garden

Mmm, breadstick!

Yes, he really did eat the whole thing...

Noah's present from Grandpa Gary

He thinks this is the coolest thing ever

1 comment:

Chris Dunkel said...

Man, my neighbors used to have one of those things when I was a little kid, minus the giant eyes. I loved it, because it was the closest thing I could get to driving at the time, haha.