February 18, 2009

And then....

Whenever my Mom tells a story that goes on and on, she tells about one thing and then says "And Then..." indicating that it just goes on and on from there as well. Today was an "And then" day. It was just one thing after another!

Noah went and saw the pediatrician today. Of course, me and my big mouth annoyed the doctor. (I'm such a crappy mom ;-) ) I am a little concerned about all the vaccines Noah is getting. I'm not worried about the fabled autism link, but I am concerned about the huge amount he is getting. Do you know that by the time he turns two he will get more than double the vaccines I got before I was two? Yes, I understand that since then vaccines for things like chickenpox and Hep B have come out, but more than double? Come on! And yes, I'm aware that they break some of them into multiple categories. Trust me, I've done the research. I just think everything they get in so short a period of time is a lot for a developing immune system. My opinion, I'm entitled... And I know that everyone and their brother has a concern about vaccines right now due to the myriad of reports that are circulating about how the "cause" autism. I'm not buying into that at all. But the sheer number matters to me! Isn't that what the doctor is there for? Apparently not so much. I was just one more of those parents reading an article, freaking out and then demanding that something be done about. Oy vey...

Noah otherwise is just perfect, though. He is still in the 80th percentile for his height and 25th percentile for his weight. He looks beautiful, has a great personality and is doing all the things he is supposed to. Couldn't ask for a better kiddo, right?

Grant brought the TV home tonight. Don't worry, I've included pictures for everyone. (And pictures of my new stand which is really the important part, let's be honest) I'm hoping he's thrilled with it. All I can say is that it's big.

Right after Grant got home (before he was even able to get the TV out of the box) we went and got my chair! WOOOO HOOO! I've included a couple pictures of it as well. It's not as green as it looks in the pictures. Hopefully tomorrow with some better lighting I'll be able to get some better pictures.

And I have to add a special Thank You to Chris. We'd never have gotten the chair home tonight if you hadn't come and taken Noah and I home so we could get the chair in the Rav. Thank you thank you thank you!

And then...

See what I mean about it being one of those days? Usually I would have been working on this post three hours ago, but I finally got to feed the kid, eat something myself and then finally sit down and blog tonight. I hope you all appreciate this ;-) (hehe, just kidding)

I'm glad to see that everyone either likes or is indifferent about the changes to the blog. If you have any other thoughts or opinions let me know, I'd love the feedback. Otherwise, like usual, enjoy the pictures!

Banging with pots and spoons

Hi Mom!

Hey Bella, do you see Daddy yet?

We'll watch together... (How cute are they?)

It's HUGE!

My TV stand (what I really care about)

Yeah new chair!!

2 comments:

Shellie said...

Please tell me that your son is not wearing a Hawaiian shirt...

Kristi said...

He sure is! And he says "thank you Aunt Sarah!"