February 03, 2009

Who's doing the chasing?

I sat down to write the blog and wasn't too sure what I was going to write for the night. Then the opportunity presented itself. After I stopped laughing, that is...

As I've mentioned, Noah crawling is adding a whole new dimension to things around here. Bella especially isn't quite sure what to make of it. It really terrorizes her a bit that all of a sudden he is there next to her.

So tonight like usual, Noah has been zooming around the house. He has had his eye on one of Bella's toys, a yellow duck that recently reappeared after I performed "surgery" on one of its many Bella war wounds. Every time Noah would get within grabbing distance Bella would suddenly appear, scoop up the duck and run away ten to fifteen feet.

Not one to give up, Noah has now been chasing Bella (and the duck) all over the house for the past fifteen minutes! They are quite the pair... Noah is quite determined to get the duck and Bella is quite determined to prove that it is her toy. As I write, the game of chase is still going on. If I had known this would keep both of them occupied for this long, I would have been begging Noah to crawl a long time ago ;-)

Otherwise, it has been a typical work day around here. Work, cleaning, errands, the usual time with the kiddo. I made breakfast for dinner (I'll take a moment while you wrap your head around that one...) and Noah got to eat his own banana pancake. Pictures below, of course. He absolutely loves to taste new things and has to get in on the action when Grant and I are eating dinner.

Alright, I should go check in on the game of chase. Enjoy the pictures ;-)

Noah in the baby jail this morning

I guess it's OK to be in jail if I get all my toys, Mom

I'll take enough cheerios to fill this measuring cup, Mama

Helping make dinner

This picture says "cheeseball" like no other ;-)

Mmm, pancake

Yummy!

No comments: