February 16, 2009

The Gatchel's stimulate the economy...

First off, apologies for not posting last night. I'm aware that it is the "Florida Gatchel Daily" and I do try my best but sometimes it just doesn't happen. Hopefully all the pictures from the zoo on Friday held you over until tonight ;-)

So Saturday was Valentine's Day. How did you spend your day? Me, I think I should get the best wife of the year award. I went shopping with my husband to (small sigh of despair) finally purchase the TV. It has been purchased, but it needed to be shipped in, so it will officially be in the house on Wednesday. For anyone curious, it's a 46" Samsung LCD. And that's all I know about it because I've officially distanced myself from the whole thing. My husband is thrilled, I'm happy he's happy and now we can move on ;-)

On a happier note for me (but us still continuing to stimulate the economy) we also purchased a new stand for the TV. That I'm excited about. Furniture, that's cool. Plus we got to go chair shopping for the front room! I think I've figured out what I want and I think we're going to go get it tomorrow night. So Uncle Sam, thanks for taking too much of our money this year so we could spend it all at one time without too much guilt...

So today, I had a huge accomplishment. I am horrible at starting things and not finishing them. I recognize it as a problem, I'm trying to work on it. When I first found out I was pregnant with Noah I really tried to start working on it because it is not a habit I want to teach my kids. Painting his room last year was a big part of that. I know some people thought it was silly that I insisted on doing it all myself without any help. But it was really important to me that I do it from start to finish.

Anyway, a few weeks ago when I was cleaning up my mountain of crafting supplies, I decided to start a kind of "scrap" blanket. Kind of start to use all kinds of odds and ends and just get rid of some of the yarn I have purchased for past projects that I never finished up. And today, I finished the blanket! I know it sounds corny, but I'm proud of myself. It's not the cutest blanket, there's no real color scheme to it, but I think it'll be a great throw or something to cuddle up with when it goes below 40 in Florida again ;-)

Alright, I should head out and check on the husband and the kiddo. Plus I've got to go pick my next project ;-) Enjoy the pictures!


Thanks for the Valentine Grandma Caren and Papa Tom

Mmm, yummy Valentine

My Bella

Noah likes the new blanket!

Woo hoo - I did it!

*Kristi does a little happy dance*

It's a double strand blanket, which is why there's all the two-tone squares

Peek a Boo!

Bella kisses!

3 comments:

Chris Dunkel said...

Yay! New TV party at the Gatchel's on Wednesday! ;)

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! Nice job!

Anonymous said...

Good job. If only I could succeed in working on one afghan at a time. I think I currently have four or five going.