February 11, 2009

Fortunately and Unfortunately

I feel like I've been on a roller coaster all day - up an down and up and down. That or maybe I'm in that fortunately/unfortunately story I wrote in grade school. Fortunately, we got to go to the beach. Unfortunately, sharks were eating people in the water. You know, that kind of thing.

It started this morning at 5:30am when my husband kissed me good-bye. My poor Grant David is working his butt off! And he doesn't have any butt to spare, trust me! I know they've "got to get this done" but I feel bad for him. I'm not quite sure how he's functioning right now, let alone in there playing with the kiddo and the doggie.

Then I got up, fed the kiddo, started working and got to spend some time chatting with my mother-in-law. Things were looking up again :)

Hung up the phone, got Noah down for his morning nap and went to pour myself a bowl of cereal, only to realize we were out of milk. So no cereal. Argggg... I settled for toast and peanut butter instead, life was good again.

I got Noah up, gave him a snack and then got him dressed only to find out that we were out of diapers... I fortunately found one in the diaper bag, but this meant I was going to have to give up my afternoon to run errands. Arggg...

Since I had to go out, I figured I would run and get Grant's Valentine's Day present while I was out. So after I got off work, jumped in the shower and grabbed some lunch. I get the kid and the stroller loaded in the car, ready to go. I turn on the car only to find that the Maintenance Required light it on. Arggg....

I call Grant, as he drove my car last, and he tells me that it's just telling me it needs an oil change. OK, so the car won't break down on the side of the road if I drive up to Viera, fantastic. Off to World Market I go.

I get Grant's gift (see below) and then decide to head over to Kohl's since I have a gift card from Christmas I have yet to spend. I find a really cute top and am about to check out when Noah starts throwing a huge fit. Arggg....

So I put the shirt back and drag my screaming kiddo out of the store. He stops as soon as we're outside. Arggg...

So we head over to Target to get milk and diapers. I love going to Target. Best store ever. Noah, unfortunately, had other plans and his tantrum started again so it was a quick trip in and out. Arggg...

I get home, feed the kiddo yet again and get dinner started. I'm 3/4 of the way through dinner when the phone rings. It's Grant, he's just leaving work... OK, not his fault I know, still frustrating. So dinner was cold. At this point, that was the least of my worries.

And now I'm here posting and whining all about it to anyone who will listen. It wasn't that it was a bad day, it was just all over the place. I was really looking forward to having the time when Noah was napping to myself today since Monday was filled with cleaning and yesterday I was working late instead. Oh well, I suppose we all do what we need to do in order to make it through the day :-p I'm going to stick with my mantra from yesterday; there's always tomorrow.

Alright, I need to get off this roller coaster and go play with the kiddo and tell my husband again how amazing he is and how proud of him I am. It's a good thing we're in all this together. Enjoy the pictures!

The looonnngg kiddo

Not sure how he managed to do this

But he wasn't very happy about it

Grant's Valentine's Day present (He already got it, so it's OK to post the picture)


It's two Vietnamese coffee pots and all the stuff to make the Vietnamese coffee he likes so much like that have at Than-Lihn in Peoria :)

No comments: