February 09, 2009

He ate what??

The next time you need a good laugh, I strongly suggest you go and take a walk through the baby food aisle at your local supermarket...

Yesterday, when we were out shopping, we picked up some food for Noah and for some reason Target seemed to have a lot larger selection of stuff than anywhere else I have seen. Last night, my son ate guava. I'm not kidding, they make guava baby food! I already think it's strange that they have mango and kiwi (how many kiwis do you think it takes to make one jar of baby food??) but guava? And to top it off - the kid scarfed it down. Chalk one up to the baby food manufacturers, taught this mom something.

And tonight, because Noah apparently wants to try as many new things as possible, he ate couscous with Grant and I. He has his dinner before Grant comes home, but then he sits with the two of us and I usually let him taste some things from the table. Tonight he had some green beans, and then he kept making reaching motions at the couscous. So after the experience with the guava, I gave in and let him try it. I can't decide if he really liked it or if he was just so excited to be included. :)

Otherwise, it was a typical Monday around here. I did five (yes, five) loads of laundry and picked up the disaster area that my house had become as of late. Usually Grant helps me pick up on Saturday morning but our lazy day didn't allow for cleaning (hehe) So instead I did it all this afternoon, which makes me worn out! But at least that means that I'll have a little more time tomorrow and Wednesday to myself before the bathrooms, vacuuming, dusting, etc are calling my name. Never ending, I tell ya...

Alright, I promised my wonderful husband I would take the kiddo at 8 so he could watch house. Oddly enough, Monday is the only night we have a TV dispute since he watches House and I watch Gilmore Girls. Otherwise, I'm attached to Grey's on Thursday night and he really likes Law & Order: SVU and that's about it. We'll see if we get into the American Idol groove again this year. So far, when we've caught it, I haven't been very impressed. In fact, it's been kind of disappointing. Any other Idol fans with any opinion?

Seriously enough of my rambling. Enjoy the pictures!

He loves music just like his Mama

Day-O me say Day-O

Grant says Noah is his green enchilada in this picture ;-)

Eatin'

But Mom, I'm so cute...

He wasn't eating, but every time I would try to get him to grin at me he would stick his hand in his mouth. Goofy kid...

Five minutes of peace for the Mama

What do you mean I've got cheese on my face?

Hmm, Mom, I think I missed

2 comments:

Chris Dunkel said...

Sorry Kristi, House totally wins out over Gilmore Girls ;).

Kristi said...

Well we both ended up missing out last night... Gossip Girl was a repeat and everything else was preempted for the President... Geesh