February 08, 2009

Me and my big mouth...

Anyone that knows me knows that I have a big mouth. I am loud, opinionated and ever eager to share my two cents worth. My husband, more than anyone, is well aware of this fact.

So a few weeks ago, my big mouth told my wonderful husband that when our tax return came (if we even got one, considering we messed up last year and owed money...) he could use that money to buy a new TV. Of course, this was all tongue in cheek as I figured at most we'd get a few hundred bucks back which would be nowhere near enough to purchase the type of TV he's had his eye one.

To be fair, it is time for us to get a new TV. The one we have is easily fifteen years old. And some weekends we can't even convince the gang to come out down here because of the size of it. There's no way ten plus people are going to be able to watch a movie on it without everyone having to practically sit on top of each other to see. I am perfectly OK with it, but I know it is a sticking point with Grant.

Fast forward to last week. Grant decided he had all the stuff he needed to do the taxes. I'm sure this was done in great anticipation of the TV he was sure he was getting. I smiled sweetly, gave him my forms and left him to it as Kristina and I caught the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy.

Then reality set in. Not only were we getting a return, but there was definitely enough for my husband to get that TV. So this weekend, we've been TV shopping...

I've got to give him credit. Once we sat down and hammered out some guidelines (ie 60 inches is way too big for that room...) he has been practical about it. He spent time studying Consumer Reports, online forums and reviews from many different sources. He is going to be sure he gets what he wants. He even (bless him) offered me an out and said that he knew that I hadn't expected a return big enough to get the TV and if I said no we wouldn't get it. Now after he was that good, how could I possibly say no? After I've though about it, I'm sure this was part of his devious plan ;-)

We have yet to settle on something, but at least you see where the majority of my Sunday went to. We did do some other shopping (I carved out the left over money (if any), after the TV and new stand for chairs for my new office/study) but didn't find anything we absolutely had to have. I take that back, Noah got some new PJ's... How come every time we go shopping at least Noah gets something?

Yesterday we had a really lazy Gatchel Saturday; it was FABULOUS! I honestly don't think any of us made it out of our PJ's all day. Grant worked on the computer, I worked on some craft projects and Noah played and crawled all over the house. It was great to have a day with no plans and no expectations. We haven't had much down time with absolutely nothing else on the agenda lately, so it was wonderful to take full advantage of that.

Friday night we met up with some of the "Florida Fam" at Chili's for dinner and then everyone came back here for some head and foot card action. It turned out to be more of a some card playing much random singing night, but it was great. It somehow took nearly 3 1/2 hours for six of us to get through a whole game of head and foot. Oh well, fun none the less.

Alright, here's the bad news after you've read through all of my ramblings; I took pretty much no pictures all weekend. We were so lazy yesterday that I didn't bother and today I forgot my camera at home when we went out. So you'll just have to settle for my babbling ;-) I will try my best to take many more pictures tomorrow ;-) Happy Monday!

No comments: