April 20, 2009

Another Monday

What is it with people at Wal-mart? I'll even re-phrase that... What is it with people at the Palm Bay Wal-Mart on Malabar? Do you walk in the doors there and it's like "Hey, I'm going to forget everything my parents taught me and do and say whatever I feel like" Grr...

You might remember a few months ago when I had the run-in with the lady who said something about how he must look exactly like his Daddy, because he was cute. (Or something along those lines...) I eventually gave her the benefit of the doubt and figured she probably didn't mean it the way it came out. Now, I'm not so sure that all the people there aren't just out to get me.

Today, Noah and I had to run to Wal-Mart for Noah food and assorted other odds and ends. So he gets up from his nap, we head over there, are having a decent shopping trip and all of sudden as I'm pulling something off a shelf this lady comes up and starts talking to Noah. Not me, mind you, my 11 month old... She says "You know, you really need to tell your Mommy to stop feeding you carrots, it's embarassing for you to go out looking like an oompaloompa" I KID YOU NOT!

Trying desperately to keep my temper in check, I smile my thanks, mumble something about making sure he gets a better balanced diet and push the kid away. Apparently I need some more honest opinions... Check out the pictures below - I'm not seeing the oompaloompa, but maybe I'm missing something. I feel like he gets a little bit of everything, but E gads, there's only so many veggies to give him. I'm such an awful Mom... (;-) )

Sorry that there hasn't been anything for the past few days. I know I have a hard time getting a post up on the weekends. I'll try to keep on top of it...

Alright, I'm off to go play with the kiddo and Grant for awhile. Noah's working on getting a tooth so we're going to give him a popsicle in a little bit for his gums. I promise lots of pictures of that adventure ;-) Until tomorrow, enjoy the pictures

Hanging out at the Hals' on Friday night

Noah and his new buddy Coen

I'm telling you, I totally saw it out there...

I so wish I knew what they were talking about

They look cuter than a Gap ad!

Don't I look good with two? Grant, are you listening?

Daniel had his beer goggles on

Replacing guitar strings

Now be honest - oompaloompa?

Noah eating his big boy dinner

5 comments:

Shellie said...

Wow that lady needs a strict reprimanding... totally reminds me of when we were there and I almost took a lady out cause she just stopped in front of me!! Maybe everyone just needs Wally World etiquette lessons, lol

The Mississippi Majchszak's said...

Wow! That women is just not right! I thought the Walmart's down here were bad with the pushiness and dirty looks they give! Noah so doesn't look like a oompaloompa! He's a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Where is she....no one calls my newphew an oompa loopma. Tell Noah Joe to have to fear, Aunt Sarah is on he way to set that lady strait. No one calls my newphew an oompa loopma and lives to tell the tale

Caren "Kay" said...

Oompaloompa! Carrots! She must think he looks orange!!! Some people!! I'm counting on Auntie Sarah to take this lady down!!! My grandson is adorable, handsome and looks like both of his parents because it took the two of them to make this amazing child. Sarah, if you need help, Grammy is on her way. Just say the word!

missevone said...

Aunt Bethy says that lady at the Walmart is WHACK.. Aunt Bethy was an infant care teacher for 11 years and has seen little orange babies from too much beta carotene & Noah Joe is NOT one of them.. he is a beautiful baby with a FANTASTIC mama, that is doing a great job!!