April 25, 2009

Chili's, Rock Bank, and the ER, oh my!

Daddy and Noah read Rainbow Rob (for at least the 3rd time today)

Check out those shoes!

This has trouble written all over it

Noah and Mommy rock out

Noah the drummer

He thought it was pretty fun to "play" with the big kids

Noah and Coen were dancing

Apparently the word normal has slipped out of my vocabulary lately. We can't seem to catch a quiet, relaxing normal night around here. And last night was no exception...

We caught up with majority of the Florida Fam at Chili's last night (when all else fails, Chili's it is!) for dinner. I think they probably dread seeing all of us coming. There was 10 of us plus the kiddo on a Friday night. I mean, we behave and all, but that's a lot of people at all one table pretty much all wanting to be on different checks. We're kind of pains like that ;-) Anyway, dinner was great and then we headed up to the Hals' for hanging out and some Rock Band.

Noah actually got in on the action last night as he and I rocked two songs on the drums for Rock Band. We actually did pretty well and didn't 'cause the whole group to fail, which is always a positive. Then he got to hang out and play with Coen because it was pretty apparent that Rock Band is not his forte at 11 months.

Next thing I know, I'm singing (gasp!) on Rock Band, Grant and Noah are playing somewhere behind me, we're trying to figure out the next song and I hear the sound of shattered glass. In the kitchen, Justin had dropped a glass on the counter, tried to catch it when it bounced back and ended up slicing his arm open. Chaos ensued.... In all reality, everyone was pretty calm about it, but the eventual decision was reached that it probably needed to be looked at which meant off to the ER.

I had already said I would be the DD for the night, so Justin, Chris and I hopped in my car and went off to Weustoff's ER. Just over 3 hours later we were back at the Hals' and Justin was the proud "owner" of 7 new stiches. Grant called him today, and he's apparently feeling OK, so we're glad that it got taken care of and wasn't any more serious. That being said; is a normal night too much to ask for?

So just after 2am, we got back home, finally got Noah asleep in his own bed (thank goodness for the pack and play) and got some sleep ourselves. I'm still dragging a bit and will be glad to catch up on my sleep tonight. What a weird night...

Alright, sorry this was up late, but our router decided to die yesterday so I had no internet until now. I probably won't post tonight as I'm hoping nothing exciting goes on between now and then ;-) Enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is the coolest baby ever in those shoes!