April 16, 2009

Thursday Blahs

I love having company. It thrills me to no end when we have visitors. I have this natural desire to take care of people and it manifests itself when we have people staying with us. Then they leave...

So I'm coming down off my high of having Dad and Scott here for a few days. It always happens when people come and then have to go back home and we've got to get back to the day to day going ons here. I get kind of bummed out and am not really sure what to do with myself. So in order to kind of break the blues before they even started I've been ridiculously busy cleaning my house and playing with the kiddo today.

My sixth (yes, sixth) load of laundry just went in, everything has been dusted, the kitchen scrubbed, the floors swept, mopped and vacuumed and both bathrooms cleaned. Usually this is my Saturday morning routine, but I do have to say that it kept me so busy I mostly forget to be bummed out. Mostly ;-) I know all this sounds ridiculously mundane (which it definitely is) but it has kept me occupied. There could be worse things, I suppose.

I can't believe tomorrow is Friday already. And Noah is going to be eleven months on Saturday. 11 months! He's behaved himself for the most part today, and we are trying to figure out his new sippy cup. (Him this time, smarties, I can handle this one....) He's having a little bit of difficulty figuring out how to tip it up in order to get to his juice. Trial and error, he'll get it eventually :)

Alright, have to go finish the laundry and a few other things before calling it a night. Enjoy the pictures :)

Noah with his new sippy cup (it has Cookie Monster on it)

Helping himself to whatever he can find in the fridge. (I did not set this shot up, he literally did this on his own)

Going for a ride in a box

Mom, why'd you put me in here?

A peach hibiscus in my yard

1 comment:

Shellie said...

Your flowers are BEAUTIFUL!!! Noah, don't give up on that cup thing ;) Sister, I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY!!! And mom, cause I'm sure you'll read this before I talk to you (hehe), I got the ok to go on vacation this summer!! YEAH!!!