April 01, 2009

Ice Cream and the Zoo!

My son officially probably had one of the best days ever. Not only did he get to go to the zoo this afternoon and not really have to take a nap, he got to out with Mommy and Daddy for ice cream! Not bad for a 10 month old ;-)

The zoo was great fun today. I had a good time socializing with the two moms who joined us. I think it was a little better this time as it wasn't quite so many people and I was able to break into the "clique" a little easier then. I've decided to stick with it. I'm anxious for Noah to start to play with other kids and develop his social skills, too. So I think we'll be hanging in there for awhile and seeing how things continue to go.

After Grant got home we decided to take Bella to PetSmart for her birthday treat. I know I forgot to mention it, but Bella turned three on Monday. Can't believe she's been living with us for almost three years! Anyway, we took her with us in the car (which she loves) and then she got a new toy and some treats. She's a happy and contented little puppy as I type this, gnawing on her bone on the floor behind me.

Then we decided to go for some ice cream on the way home. And of course, that meant Noah got some ice cream, too. Aunt Kristina, the pictures are for you as we went to Bruster's ;-) (And for anyone really observant to those kind of things, I had taken my rings off to wash the dishes and forgot to put them back on when we left the house. All is good at Casa de Gatchel)

Alright, we got home a little late and I wanted to make sure I got this up. You'll notice I changed the blog around again, but don't get too used to the changes. I'm working on making it a three column layout and adding some more new things. So keep an eye out for that. Don't forget to let me know what you like, don't like or other things you'd like to see. More tomorrow. Enjoy the pictures!

This is what happens when I turn my back for 20 seconds (he's behind the couch and got stuck back there)

Ready to go to the zoo

So excited to be out at the zoo

Bella ready to go get her birthday treat

Before....

During...

Must. Eat. Ice Cream.

Daddy ate the eyes off (he took this picture himself)

Can't concentrate on anything except the ice cream

Mmmmm, tasty

I ate the sprinkles off (Noah got mad)

It's hard to tell if more got on him or in his belly

Sucking it dry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cutest....outfit.....ever

Kristina said...

Mmmm...yummy, yummy! Noah is already an ice cream connoisseur!

~Kristina