April 28, 2009

The zoo!

It has been one busy day, let me tell you. It's not even 6:30, and truth be told I'm kind of exhausted. Not only did we go to the zoo and Paws On today, but Noah and I had swim lessons as well. And as tired as I am, I'm guessing it doesn't match up to my cranky kiddo, who got less than a 45 minute nap this afternoon...

As soon as I got off of work, Noah and I headed up to Viera to meet Miesje and Coen at the zoo. For the first time, we actually got to see the giraffes! Better yet, we got to feed the giraffes! (Well, one giraffe) It was so much fun. And whoever I was talking to about this before, giraffes really do have black tounges, I was right. Trust me, we got kind of up close and personal with the giraffe ;-)

After we saw all the animals, we checked out the newest addition to the zoo called Paws On. There's a lot of water areas and both Noah and Coen had a blast playing. After the hot, sweaty walk around the zoo, it was nice to cool off with the kiddos for awhile.

Swim, again, didn't go all that well. I'm going to blame it on the fact that my child is so cranky right now, he literally wouldn't be happy with anything. I'm sitting here looking at the clock willing Grant to come home so someone else can help me with him for awhile....

Alright, I've got to cut this short or Noah is going to yank my computer off the desk. More tomorrow, I promise. Enjoy the pictures!
Noah snacks, Bella waits for something to hit the floor

Rafiki the giraffe!

Hi there!

Coen and Miesje feed Rafiki

A different giraffe

We got so close!

He's handsome, but stinky

He really liked us

Noah and Coen

Parrot

Pink parrot (this one's for Shellie)

More parrots

Noah being a big kid

Noah and Coen checking out the birds

Kookaburra

Noah absolutely captivated

He had such a good time!

Noah and Coen check out the otters

Mom, will you stop with the camera already?

They'd rather play with each other than watch the otters

Noah at Paws On

He probably would have sat there and splashed all day if I'd have let him

Still splashing...

Did I mention he likes to splash?

Coen and Noah playing in the water

Coen and Noah

1 comment:

Mama said...

Cool pink parrot for Shellie. Did you sing the Kookaburro song?