April 21, 2009

Noah is no fish...

So we had Noah's first swim lesson today. The positive Mom side of me would like to say that it was fabulous and we had a great time. In all honesty, my little boy might night by such the swimmer we thought...

In all fairness, he did OK. He was really apprehensive about getting in and even more so about not clinging to me every single second once we were in. I think I might have claw marks on the back of my neck from where I was trying to de-tangle him from me a few times. There is only one other kid younger than he is (the class if for up to age 3) and I know it'll take a while for him to get adjusted and feel comfortable. That was the main goal in us taking him in the first place, so slowly but surely we'll get there.

I got lots of feedback on Noah's coloring - thanks everyone for reassuring me that I don't have an oompaloompa living in my house. If it didn't mean a fifteen minute trip to another, not 1/2 as nice Wal-Mart, I would consider going elsewhere. Maybe it's just me, though, sometimes I seem to suck in the crazies...

Oh, I meant to say yesterday that the reason for the popsicle last night was becuase Noah is officially working on poking a tooth through! You can see it in his mouth now (if he'll cooperate). So because I felt bad for the little man, we got him a box of sugar free popsicles. They have really tiny popsicles that are perfect for him, they're all only a little more than two inches long, and supposedly "slow melt" Not sure how they accomplish that, but he loved them. You'll have to check it out below.

Alright, my little man just got out of the bath (he got his first big kid bath without his tub!) and is going to be wanting his Mama in a few minutes. Play date tomorrow at Malabar Park, hopefully I'll get some good pictures! Until the - enjoy the pictures :)

Noah's first popsicle

Mmmm, watermelon

So good on those poor gums

Yum!

"helping" Daddy install the childproofing equipment

Daddy, you don't really have to put that on there

Snack time before his swim lesson

Noah mohawk!

What a cutie

Cheesy bubble grin

1 comment:

Shellie said...

Noah- I'm so proud of you and your first big boy bath! Just be sure to not drown Fredrika, Hercules, or any of our other friends ;)