September 29, 2009

30 Minutes Later...

Tonight has been the classic example of how fast things change around here. About an hour ago Noah and I were having a huge battle of wills over dinner. He was trying to convince me he didn't have to eat dinner by throwing it on the floor and I wasn't buying it... It ended with a "if you throw one more thing on the floor you're going to your room" followed by a piece of ground beef flying across my dining room. A temper tantrum throwing little boy was then put in his bed while this Mama massaged her temples wishing Calgon would come and take her away...

While Grant and I finished dinner (which was accompanied by the lovely screams of my sixteen month old) I stewed over the rest of the things I needed to get accomplished this evening before I could call it an evening. I knew I had yet to blog for the evening and it was looking like it was not going to be the most pleasant blog to share with you all. So as Grant cleared the table I decided that maybe I would make it an early bath time for Noah tonight to see if we could change the mood in the house.

Fifteen minutes later both Noah and I were laughing hysterically in the bathroom while he made quite the mess and splashed to his heart's content. Once he calmed down a bit when I let him escape from his bedroom, he decided that maybe he didn't have the meanest mommy in the whole world and we sure do have a lot of fun. And I reminded myself that while throwing food and refusing to eat is not acceptable he is only sixteen months old and most of the time he is a very good boy. Some days it can be so difficult to see past all the garbage (see last week for example :-p) and remember how truly blessed we are. Sure, he can be a pain in the butt, but he's my pain in the butt and I love him tantrums and all.

My day has been exceedingly busy with work, cleaning the house (multiple times, I think), visiting with the girls for awhile and getting dinner around before Grant got home while picking up the house and toys yet again :) There is currently nothing on the calendar for tomorrow (other than work in the morning) and I am really looking forward to having a quiet afternoon without anything that HAS to get done. Thursday it's off to the nephro who called me today to tell me my potassium levels are low again. Uggghh, hopefully we can get that under control....

Alright, Grant finished up bath time so I could come and blog, but I'm thinking now it's time for some snuggling with my favorite boys for awhile. Until tomorrow...
The great train disaster of 2009 at Gatchel Junction

No comments: