September 30, 2009

Low Key Wednesday

My goal this week has been to get to Wednesday. Funny, usually my goal is to get to Friday but I had too many things going on and needing my attention on Monday and Tuesday to shoot quite that long-term. Today was (mostly) just relaxing.

I actually got to grab a quick nap this afternoon while Noah was down (I know it'll be the only one all week so it made me very happy) and then packed up the kiddo and the doggie and went out for a long walk. The much hyped "cold front" made its way in today and we only had a high of 85! So I decided we'd get out for a bit and enjoy the sunshine and less humidity. It was still hot, don't get me wrong, but it was bearable hot. The three of us enjoyed the walk but Mikayla didn't seem to be too happy about the exercise and I know I'm going to be paying for our little adventure all night. Silly back...

Noah did MUCH better with dinner tonight. Actually, he chowed down like no other. I made sausage cornbread stuffing and he was ecstatic. He ate any entire bowl full of it, even all the veggies. I was very impressed. With food we know he likes, it's not unusual for him to eat and eat and eat, but when I make something new or something he is not as familiar with, we sometimes can have a bit of a battle on our hands (see last night). He did so well with dinner I even cut him a piece of cheesecake for dessert. (It is in my fridge tempting me, might as well feed it to the kiddo and the skinny husband and stay away from it myself!) Right now he and Daddy are doing bath time. Grant taught him how to "scrub" himself, and they are working on scrubbing all his different body parts. My very smart kiddo can show you where his head, eyes, ears, mouth, nose, shoulders, belly, knees, hands and toes are! (We can almost do the whole song!) You should see Noah scrubbing his hair, it is too funny. I feel like he almost doesn't need me anymore... (Just kidding!)

Alright, heading off to relax a little bit and maybe talk my husband into make a slurpee run. Well if I don't eat the cheesecake, a slurpee is OK, right? hehehehe Off to the nephro tomorrow, hopefully we'll figure out the potassium issue then. Until tomorrow...

Noah, aka Joe Cool

He loves to sit in his chair and say "rocky rocky"

Noah and his cheesecake

1 comment:

Mama said...

Less than 3 weeks! I can hardly wait to sing Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes with Noah. And then we'll sing Tony Chestnut! Noah and I will amaze each other!