September 10, 2009

Noah the Giggle Monkey

Noah has totally been cracking me up for some reason today. He has just been in rare form, I guess. Most of what he was doing was probably not all that funny, it was just that he thought it was super funny.

I was on the phone with the office this morning, trying to have a productive meeting when in the background I hear Noah making that "farting" noise by blowing on his arm and then giggling hysterically at himself. I don't know if it was the noise or the feeling on his arm, but he thought this was a great new discovery! And him laughing made me start laughing, which probably isn't the best thing to do in the middle of a phone conference, but I guess this is just what happens when you work from home.

He then proceeded to run all over the house and literally run into the walls, fall over and laugh like that was the funniest thing ever. I have no idea....

We went to the mall and met up with Miesje, Coen, Melissa and Giselle (still no baby Ethan for those of you keeping track....) for lunch and for the kiddos to play for awhile. There was this little boy (probably four or so) that was enamored with Noah. They were "flying" the plane together. And this kid was so patient with Noah, and every time they "took off" off they would wave good-bye. It was too cute. Best part - this little kid in true pilot form went and got a pair of swim goggles from his Mom and insisted on wearing them because he was flying the plane. Again, too funny.

We then let the boys try out some of the mechanical rides they have at the mall. Coen thought they were a blast, Noah, not so much. He was good for about 15 seconds (see picture below) and then absolutely lost it. Not sure if he was scared or if it was the fatigue catching up to him. It was already pushing 3:00pm by the time we left the mall, which is waaaaayyy past naptime.

Before bed, Noah came to give me hugs and kisses and I nuzzled his neck a little bit, which sent him into another fit of giggles. That sound makes me just so happy that you know I had to do it again ;-) At least I know he went to bed in a great mood.

Speaking of bed... Well, maybe not bed, but my book is calling my name. I didn't get a chance to really lay down or attempt a nap this afternoon since we were gone, so I'm thinking it might be a good night to turn in early, anyway. No big plans for the weekend so to speak of, so I will try to keep up with the blog. Until tomorrow....

Noah and Coen in the hot dog truck

1 comment:

Mama said...

Did Noah in the hot dog truck just make you want to break out in song, "Oh, I'd love to be an Oscar Meyer weiner. That is what I truly want to be -e-e-e . . . ." Now that makes ME giggle!