September 01, 2009

Backwards Day

I had to get up way earlier than I usually do today to go for the other half of the kidney test they didn't do a couple of weeks ago. Mind you, I know most people function at quarter 'til 7, I am just not one of them. And I never realized how bad traffic is in the morning on Babcock. Dang, it took me an extra 10 minutes for what should have been a 20 minute drive!

So not only was I up early, but this test required that I not eat or drink for 12 hours before. Things you should not ask of a pregnant woman:

1) Give up food and drink for 12 hours
2) Give up precious minutes of sleep
3) Be patient while the appointments of the morning run nearly an hour behind, given that she's sleep deprived and hungry and thirsty
4) Lay on your side and hold your breath on command

The last one was what the test consisted of. I'm aware the kid isn't that big, but it can be difficult to lay on your side, and hold your breath without inhaling. Right, don't say OK, hold your breath, and you take a good breath of air. No, say hold your breath and you literally stop breathing until it's OK again. Somewhere between 5 and 15 seconds on average. Ughhhh... Fortunately that should wrap up the tests and doctors here for awhile. No more doctors for three weeks, woo hoo!

Because I was gone this morning, I had to switch around my work day so I could still get all my hours in. My whole internal clock is now seriously messed up. I usually lay down with a book or put my feet up for a bit in the afternoon while Noah's down for his nap, and I can tell you I was really dragging this afternoon. Work kept me occupied, though. I sure was glad when 5 o'clock rolled around, though...

I was excited to see all the responses and well wishes on Facebook yesterday after we officially made the announcement about Mikayla. Only 18 weeks from today and she'll be here! (And not a second before, do you hear me kiddo?)

Happy first day of High School, Scott! Hope that it was a good one. Did anyone drive their tractor today? (hehehehe)

Alright, I'm off for the evening. Wanted to make sure to get a post up before I forgot about it. Can you believe it's September already? Do you think it'll ever cool down here??? More from Florida tomorrow :) Until then, enjoy the one picture of my cute little boy.

What a cheese ball!

No comments: