September 21, 2009

Noah and Mommy weed the flowers

I've admittedly been in kind of a funk all day. I'm not really sure why, woke up that way and haven't been able to shake my blahs. I'm missing the fam, I'm annoyed with how some people are being treated and my back is continuing to give me problems. Sounds like the set-up for a funk to me. Anyway, I'm trying really hard to blow off my funk, and hopefully it won't carry into my post tonight.

After I got off work, I decided that I'd throw dinner in the crock pot tonight. Somehow, come 6 o'clock when it was supposed to be done, the rice was still more than a little crunchy. We ended up having pizza.... Guess we'll have chicken and rice tomorrow night instead. Didn't help the funk, let me tell you...

When Noah got up from his nap I decided that we'd go out front and weed some of the flower beds. They were in more than desperate need. I have to say that sometimes when people have come over I've been embarrassed by how badly in need of weeding they were... But it hasn't been one of my priorities and even during those times other when my guests are walking up to the front door and I cringe a little bit thinking about it, it's not something that's been on my mind. Plus the heat has been more than a bit of a deterrent. But the high was only 88 today, so I decided to risk it. Plus the front of the house is mostly in the shade by mid-afternoon so it was actually kind of pleasant. Noah hung out in his exer-saucer eating cookies and milk for awhile and then was oh so helpful with the weeding. I was able to translate his new found joy of throwing things in the trash can into helping me throw away the pulled weeds. Over an hour later, we still hadn't finished, but he was getting restless. Pulling weeds is one thing, but pulling weeds and chasing Noah all over the front yard is completely another.... Hopefully I'll be able to get it finished tomorrow or Wednesday.

I did manage to dig the camera out today (man are you Grandma's pushy!) and found I had a couple of pictures from last week as well as a few from today. Hopefully it will calm the masses ;-) Until tomorrow....

Giving bedhead a whole new meaning...

Daddy's funny face

Mommy entertaining Noah at dinner

Wow Mom!

My little cheese

Definitely his Mama's kid...

Look Aunt Shellie, I'm practicing!

2 comments:

Mama said...

Yeah!!!! Not only did I get to read about the activities in Florida, I also get to see wonderful pictures. Pictures of the most handsome little boy, his loving Mommy and his Daddy doing almost anything necessary to make him laugh - love the funny face! Thank you picture person. You have soothed the wild monsters!

Caren "Kay" said...

This gramma is happy with the pics. There are a couple from the back that definitely look like Grant. Only Grant had very curly hair @ this age. Not complaining. Any pictures are the best pictures! This wild gramma monster is soothed . . . for a time :-)