September 23, 2009

This just doesn't seem to be my day...

Have you ever just had one of those days that it doesn't seem like you can catch a break? I feel like this whole week has been like that so far!

Remember a couple of weeks ago when I blew a tire on my car? Since the spare was a full tire, we didn't have to rush out to get it replaced right away. But the car was in need of an oil change, so Grant took my car this morning (with the car seat in it) to Toyota for its check-up. I forgot he was going to have my car for the day, and hoped I could scrounge up something to make for dinner without running to the store... That and come to find out that they won't patch my spare tire because it's somewhat bald. So now my car apparently needs new tires....

For a couple of days now, the water pump to the well has been running at a near continuous pace. Grant said he was going to call the water system people to come take a look at it. I let him handle these things because the whole water system really just annoys the beejesus out of me. So he texts me about noon and says they are supposed to be calling him soon about when they can come out and take a look. Apparently, they decided just to call me instead. So I explain what I know of the problem to the water guy who has a fit and tells me if I don't shut off the water pump right now it could explode and we'll have to re-plumb the entire house. No pressure. This is all well and good but I have no idea how to turn off the water pump. I call my husband, who says don't turn off the water pump if you do they'll have to re-prime the well. Now I'm annoyed. I know little to nothing about the whole thing and I've got the supposed expert telling me one thing and Grant telling me another. So he says he'll call the water guy and get it straightened out. He calls me five minutes later and says he's coming home.

Grant shows up shortly before 1:30 with the water guy close on his heels. The water guy is the one who put in the really stupid water system a year and a half ago. (Really long story) and says the problem is with the well (he thinks) and we need to get someone else out here. But while he's here and just to make sure it isn't the problem, the annual maintenance needs to be run on the water system. We have been putting this off because when we originally put the system in they told us (or both of us remember it this way) that this was included. Suddenly, it's a $150 annual fee. Arrrrggggg... So on top of new tires, add this....

Then (see you thought I was exaggerating about it being a bad day) this still doesn't fix the problem with the well. So we call another well and pump guy who comes over and says it's a valve on the well, he has to dig it up and replace it. Fortunately this wasn't as bad as it sounds. But still, the whole well system is only 2 years old, what the heck??? He strongly suggested calling the builder to see who put the well in and see if these parts are still under some kind of warranty because this shouldn't have happened. Definitely thinking someone else needs to be paying for this whole fiasco...

Grant goes back to work, Noah decides he's not napping all afternoon and I did manage to throw dinner together. Right now the boys are off at Home Depot getting a filter for the air conditioner and food for the doggie. It's quiet, and I've got to admit, that's the best sound I've heard all day. Tomorrow has got to be better, right? We go see the OB tomorrow so I'm praying that this is the last rotten day of this week.

Only one picture today, but better than nothing, right? I'm eternally hopeful that tomorrow will be much better and things will start looking up. Until then...

Isn't he so cute?

1 comment:

Kristina said...

I'm sorry about the crummy day! Look forward to Grey's tomorrow!