September 06, 2009

Missing: One Noah shoe...



Yesterday afternoon Grant and I were rushing around the house trying to get things together to go down and hang out at Justin's for the evening and watch some football. I was putting the finishing touch on some snacks from the kitchen and Grant was in charge of getting Noah's stuff together. He grabbed Noah's shoes, put them on the couch to put them on him in a minute, and continued on with throwing things in the car. When he got back to put the shoes on, two shoes had gone to one. We searched the entire house, tore things apart, etc. but still no shoe. Apparently Noah hid it. This isn't the first time he's done something like this (I found the baby monitor in my sock drawer the other day) but it just goes to prove that we really have our hands full around here... We have yet to find the shoe. Any suggestions?

Yesterday also officially kicked off the college football season. Though it is quiet evident that I don't have the sports competing bones in my body, I do enjoy watching sports (for a limited period of time ;-) ). So Noah and I sat down in the afternoon to root on our favorite team; the Michigan Wolverines. Noah even learned how to say "Go Blue!" He told me he was doing it for Papa. (I'm not kidding, Dad. He kept saying Papa while we watched the game) We were thrilled when they held it together (not that the game was ever in question like that crummy Ohio State game. Oh Navy, if you could have only pulled out a victory, there...). I meant to take some video of how excited Noah was whenever they scored a touchdown. He also is proving to be 100% male and really enjoyed the cheerleaders....

We did go up to Justin's to watch the Clemson game with the gang last night as well. What an opening kick-off return. Don't think there was ever any question Clemson was winning that one. They're in a different division, so we'll cheer for Clemson. As long as you all remember who beat whom in the NCAA tournament last year.... ;-)

This morning my boys have already been off to partake in their favorite weekend activity together; going and getting donuts and coffee. (Donuts for Noah, coffee for Grant) Grant is so patient with him and really enjoys their time together. Plus Mommy enjoys even 10 minutes of a ridiculously quiet house. I know that's not going to last come Mikayla, so I'll suck it up while I can :)

We're off to go to the Outlets for today. Noah is needing some 24 month shirts and I'm going to start to pick up some things for Mikayla. I'm so glad that we already have some stuff and I also have a better grip this time on what I need to purchase. I started on a blanket for her the other day (which I am sure will be the first of a couple by the time I get finished). Fortunately we won't need many "big" things this time. Well, except for another crib. Since Noah's is a convertible bed, he'll just be keeping his and she'll be getting her own. That and a double stroller. Oh am I loathe to buy a double stroller. I'm not exactly sure why, I just have this feeling that a double stroller is the end of existence as I know it. Silly, I know...

Alright, need to go check on my boys. I am sure Noah is going to be literally bouncing off of the walls here soon as he's now had 4 munchkin donuts this morning.... I'll try to check back in tonight.

No comments: