March 02, 2009

And peace returned to the Kingdom

This morning, at 6:00am Noah was up and I was thinking that it was going to be a long day again. When he refused to take a nap again this morning, I was convinced it was going to be a rough day. Then this afternoon, miracle of miracles, he took a 2+ hour nap! And he seems to be in a much better mood overall so maybe this "I'm not taking any more naps" phase is over. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone doesn't wake me up before 7am tomorrow ;-)

Right now I'm sitting here next to the kiddo and the doggie waiting for Grant to come home. We're hoping that this week is the end of the madness of him being at work all the time. It's been difficult lately, I'm not going to lie. When he's not around I realize how much of a partnership we have and that it's difficult to suddenly not have someone to count on. I don't know how all the single parents out there do it. It really does take both of us to keep everything running smoothly and keep us from losing our sanity.

Today I cleaned out Noah's closet. For some reason that always makes me sad. I'm excited he's getting bigger, he's so much fun, but he's really not a baby anymore. It's this weird mixed emotion. But dang does the kid have a lot of clothes! I have so much fun getting him dressed in the morning, I don't think he'd ever have to wear the same thing twice if he really didn't want to...

Alright, looks like I'm in charge of the bath tonight since the Dada Man isn't home yet. I will be so glad when this project is over! More tomorrow, enjoy the pictures!

Bath time

Playing this morning

This made my heart happy :)

Look Mom, I'm on the ark, too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes my heart happy, too!

Shellie said...

Speaking of clothes...I do believe that his lovely Aunt Shellie bought him a very cute top reminding where there are people that love him....why have I never seen this?!

Kristi said...

Dear Aunt Shellie,

I did wear my shirt that you got me when I was much littler. Unfortunately it was before my Mommy started taking pictures of me every day. I promise I wore it and will share it with my siblings and then we'll take lots of pictures!

Love,
Noah