March 14, 2009

Good Bye Aunt Sarah!

So yesterday afternoon (Friday) we sadly had to drop Sarah off at the airport so she could fly back to Ohio. We were so glad that she came to visit for the week and were sad to see her go home. Before she left we headed into Orlando for the day for a trip to Downtown Disney and the Florida Mall.

If you've never been to Downtown Disney it's a great place. Lots of shops (mostly full of too expensive Disney merchandise) and restaurants and places to walk. They even have a couple of shops (non-Disney related) that make it totally worth the trip. There's a cool bath store called Basin and the Virgin mega-store. Plus there's character statues all over the place you can have your picture taken with. It was fun to go and wander for awhile.

We had lunch at Fuddrucker's (Dad, you're right, best burgers ever) just outside of Disney. It honestly was one of the best burgers I've ever had. You order a burger and they have a "salad bar" for your toppings. They make all their buns fresh in the store which was honestly the best part of the burger. If they have one near you, check it out!

After lunch we walked around the mall for awhile. It was good having Sarah here to remind me that I'm only 25 and just because we have Noah doesn't mean I have to act like I'm 40. I know we don't live a super exciting fast-paced life, but we also don't have to be boring stick in the mud's ;-)

We then dropped Sarah off annd came back home. We decided just to hang out at home for the night. We ended up turning on this really creepy show called "Ghost Adventures" on the Travel channel. I don't know WHY I torture myself with garbage like that. These people investigage a supposedly haunted place, then lock themselves in for the night. Then we get to see all the supposed "ghost" things they capture. Enough to creep me out and make me not sleep so well last night, let me tell you. There's just some things I don't think that you should mess with.

Sorry the post is up a little late, but wanted to share the pictures from yesterday none the less. Not sure what we're up to today, but you can count on the fact that there'll be a post about it. Happy Saturday! Enjoy the pictures :)

Aunt Sarah and Noah at Downtown Disney

What a couple of cuties

The new T-Rx restraunt at Downtown Disney. Sarah and I totally wanted to have a drink at the bar which was surrounded by gorgeous tropical fish tanks. It was really cool!

Sarah was SO afraid of the dragon ;-)

Sarah and her favorite Disney princess

The princess poses

Arrr, mateys

Noah and Aunt Sarah in Pooh Corner

The wonderful thing about tiggers....

One tired little boy at Disney

No comments: