March 07, 2009

Which way do we go?

So we just got back from a (I kid, nor exaggerate not) an hour and a half walk... It was fabulous! We went after Noah had eaten dinner so it had cooled down quite a bit and I was really enjoying the stroll with the family. Unfortunately, we got a little turned around...

I decided we should go and check out the park that I found yesterday. In all honesty, it's the playground at a school, but still lots of swings, jungle gyms, etc. So we get there, and the parking lot is padlocked! What a bunch of hooey! It's a public school and we can't play on the playgound?? I told Grant that our tax dollars are paying for that school and I should be able to play on the playground if I want. His response was to ask me if I should also get out of a speeding ticket if I say please since we're paying the officer's salary. Always the smartie, I tell ya...

Anyway, we decided to keep going down the road the park is on for a bit (Waco for any of you that have been here) and then turn back into the neighborhood. Grant then decided that he was going to navigate back. Hence the problems began...

After we had done a huge U (I was enjoying the walk and was not going to cross Grant so I was definitely letting him decide how we were going) we finally ended up on another road Grant "recognized" (the fourth such road) we finally did find our way to a road I knew how to get back on ;-) As much as I tease, we had a great walk!

Otherwise, it was a very productive day. Four loads of laundry, a load of dishes and a rearranged spare bedroom later as well as a trip to Sam's Club and Downtown Produce (love that place!) and the day's gone!

Alright, I've got to go relieve Grant after bath time :) Hope that everyone else has had a great Saturday, too! Enjoy the pictures!
Grant, Noah and Bella playing Mario Kart

Noah getting patted down (I know my family will appreciate this one!)

Male bonding time

No comments: