March 06, 2009

TGIF!

Looks like we made it to the end of another work week. Big huge sigh of relief from here! Now only a few more days (and endless things to accomplish) and Aunt Sarah will be here to visit.

I spent the afternoon starting to tackle some of those endless things that need to be accomplished. I love having house guests, but it really does bring out all those things that you need to take care of that never get done. That pile of mail that is OK staying in a pile on the counter... The "dumping ground" of a spare bedroom... The fridge and pantry need to be cleaned out... Once you've been here once, I guess I'm not as particular about it, but that first time, me and my nit picking always go overboard. In the end, I'm well aware that my sister really isn't going to care if the inside of the microwave is scrubbed out (another one of those not some wonderful tasks) but it sure will matter to me. I'm a perfectionist, it's in my blood.

After Noah got up from his nap, we took another really long walk this afternoon. I somehow managed not to get us lost. Laugh, go ahead, but if you've ever been through our neighborhood you realize how much it twists and turns and doesn't pop out where you expect it to. We actually found a park! It's still quite a long walk, but a park none the less! The walk was so long that even the doggie was exhausted by the time we got back.

Alright, I'm going to go. I wanted to make sure I got this up and posted early tonight. The Kunkle's are coming over for probably some food and a movie so I'll be busy the rest of the evening. I realize that I'm not always the best about posting over the weekend, but I'm trying really hard to make sure that this is updated daily. I read an article about the Vatican suggesting to Catholics to limit their use of technology during Lent. Well, instead, I'm going to make it a priority to make sure this is up daily. I know that people enjoy reading (oh who am I kidding, seeing the pictures of the kid ;-) ) and I find it a good source of release and a bit of a creative outlet as well. I guess we're all benefitting from this ;-)

OK, I'm really out now. Happy Friday - enjoy the pictures!

My giggly boy this morning

Noah in his green overalls :)

How could anyone ever say no to this face?

Noah decided he was going to walk the dog this time

No comments: