March 29, 2009

Whirlwind weekend

I can't believe it's Sunday night already! It has been a crazy action packed weekend. Part of me is really glad that it's over but I'm also sad that I have to go back to work tomorrow.

Grant was off on Friday so he was here with us for the day. Then I went with Kristina to an event for her women's group at her church. We went to a restaurant called "The Melting Pot" which specializes in fondue. I'd never been before and really enjoyed the experience. I mean how can you go wrong with melted cheese and melted chocolate?

After that, we met up with the rest of the Florida Family at Beth and Dan's house to celebrate Beth's birthday. It was good to catch up with everyone for the evening, but we ended up staying out really really late and it was after 2am by the time we got home. A few years ago, that wouldn't have been a big deal. But when Noah decided he was going to wake up at 6am yesterday morning I was really missing my sleep. Thank sgoodness Grant watched the kiddo for awhile later in the morning so I could catch another hour of sleep.

Then yesterday afternoon Kristina, Giselle and I went and checked out the new shopping development in Palm Bay called Hammock Landing. They are slowly opening the stores up there (which include a Kohls, Target and Michaels) so it was fun to go and check it out. Then we went up to Viera for awhile to take Giselle to Motherhood Maternity for the first time. I know how helpful moral support was the first time, so hopefully it helped her at least a little bit having us there :)

en some of us met up at Mighty Mushroom for dinner. Then a bunch of people came over here for a somewhat marathon game of Monopoly. Eight people playing Monopoly. It wa a long night... I called it a night around 12:30. I could only take so much monopoly, let alone keep my eyes open any longer.

We've just hung out here today other than a quick trip to Sam's Club and Target. Noah's aunties - you'll be glad to know he got two new pairs of shoes today. He's getting to the point that I can't really take him out without shoes on, so we needed something. Otherwise, it has been a quiet day which is good since the rest of the weekend has been so full.

Unfortunately, I have been so busy that I haven't thought about pulling out the camera all weekend, so no pictures. I'll try to remember tomorrow. I promise he didn't change too much over the past few days. More tomorrow!

No comments: