March 04, 2009

Rescue Daddy 911

So I'm going to be doing two things at once as I write this post, so bear with me. I was just called upon to play nurse to my husband who was injured by the kiddo and the doggie. Let me explain.

Grant (bless him) actually made it home at a decent time tonight (only an hour late!! Woo hoo! (and I really am being serious about the excitement, no sarcasm) ) and we just finished dinner. He told me to come and blog while he took over for awhile. I had just sat down to upload pictures when I heard giggling and then a yelp.

Apparently Grant learned that sometimes Noah and Bella like to gang up on people. They pinned him down and as Bella licked him to death Noah tried to pull his nose off. Grant somehow ended up with a bloody nose, thus my skills as medic were needed. I'm telling you, those three all need constant supervision! Regardless of the momentary distraction, I am so glad that Grant is home tonight to get to play for awhile. I know he has been really bummed out the past couple of nights to get home just before Noah is getting ready to eat and then go to bed. They are quite the pair. When all is said and done, I'm not sure which one of them has more fun together. Here's hoping that the endless hours are tapering off...

For my part, it has been a fairly uninteresting day. I worked like crazy this morning, took Bella and Noah for a long walk this afternoon and then Noah and I read "Rainbow Rob" together. He really likes animals and the books that are touch and feel really make him happy. Good book choice, Aunt Shellie! He also loves "Green Eggs & Ham" (and Mommy really likes reading that one) I love sitting in the new big chair with him on my lap and cuddling up for a book in the afternoon. Like I've said before, I really hope the kiddo inherits my appreciation for books.

I'm starting to get really excited about Sarah's visit. It is always so wonderful to have family here. I love playing Suzie Hostess ;-) And the fact that she hasn't ever been here yet makes it even better. I know that Noah will be thrilled to have his Auntie around for awhile! As usual, my sole disappointment with Florida is how far away from everyone we are. Other than that, I've got no complaints. How about everyone moves here? (hehe)

Alright, I've got to go and supervise the "rough housing" again. Right now Noah is "flying" around the house and chasing the dog... Oy vey! I'm sorry I only took a few pictures today, I keep forgetting to grab my camera. I promise more tomorrow and lots and lots next week for sure! Between Sarah and I, I'm sure we'll have tons of pictures to share! (Have I mentioned I'm excited yet??) Enjoy the pictures!

Those jammies are way too big on him, I know! He took his pants off in the middle of the night because they were so big...

Really happy Noah!

1 comment:

Krissy said...

Haha I know exactly what you mean by being happy about an hour late. Very cute photos! :)

Krissy
http://eyeonphotos.blogspot.com/