March 18, 2009

Hump Day blahs

Today has been weird. I had all these things that I wanted to get done this afternoon, but Noah was in some kind of a funk (still is as I type) and I didn't manage to get any of it finished. Oh well, I suppose it's only Wednesday, two afternoons to make my week feel "accomplished" but still feeling a little blue in general about how this week has gone so far.

Like I said, Noah has been in a funk. He wants to be in Mommy or Daddy's arms constantly. He had Grant and I up at 6:00am this morning, which is really early for a little boy who usually sleeps in 'til after 7:00. His temperament only went downhill from there. If I didn't know better (from having stuck my finger in his mouth to check) I'd say maybe he was trying to cut a tooth. The kiddo is clingy at times, but never this much. It makes in nearly impossible to complete something start to finish with wailing about not being picked up in the background.

Grant came home at his normal time, and I am so thankful that the project has calmed down at least a little. I know we'll probably have another couple of weeks where he's gone constantly, but I will suck up every moment of having him home while I have the chance. After we ate dinner, we went on a walk with the two little ones. As much as I feel like whining at times about daylight savings time, it is nice that we are able to eat dinner and still go on a long walk together before it gets dark. Here's to continuing to look forward to the sun staying out later and later.

Before I sign off, a couple shout-outs I want to pass along. Shellie, after we hung up I started thinking that isn't feuding worse than fighting??? Also, RIP Obama kitty :( Oh, and before I forget, GO BLUE tomorrow! Noah will officially be decked out in his gear to celebrate the Clemson defeat (hehehehe) Should be a good game - I'll try to post before tip-off tomorrow night. Until then, enjoy the pictures!

Scary how many toys the kid has...

My favorite little boy EVER

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

RIP Obama kitty? Is it just a little weird that I learn many things about what is going on here from people 1000 miles away?

Here's to a happy Thursday . . . .

Mama

Chris Dunkel said...

Yeah, what happened to Obama kitty?